Monday, April 09, 2007

A Secret Message from the Continental Pilot

Some people think its strange to almost always have a camera at the ready wherever I go. We were taught in photo-j school to always have your camera with you and ready in case something unexpected happens. Who really wants to do that?

What was crazy at Photoshop World was all the people running around with their full-size DSLR's hanging around their necks. What were they planning on shooting? The hordes of photographers running around? I especially loved the guys with the 12" telephoto lenses bouncing around their tummies.

An example of the unexpected:


I'm sitting at the airport in Boston being bored and starting shooting the airplanes. Here's a nice, big Continental 737 getting ready to pull away from the gate.


Whoa, the pilot is waving at us. That's pretty cool.


Now he's waving a clipboard at us. What's on it?


By zooming in on the image, we can read the secret message. "No Whining!"

O.K., I get it. I won't, ever, ever again. Thank you, Mr. Continental Pilot Man.

I was ready for this one!

Copyright 2007 James D. Fisher
All Rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home