Monday, August 13, 2007

Working on the B&W

*** CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE ***

I'm still working on this black & white thing. It's tough in digital especially printing. What looks like a marvelous image on the screen prints out in shades of green. Maybe it's just my perception. If you go to www.purveslab.net you can take some tests to see how much your eyes will fool ya. Here are some b&w's I'm working on plus check on some of my earlier posts. Enjoy!



This is from a very colorful sunset image. By converting to grayscale it now takes on a dark and threatening look.


I hit this with a Red filter which helped bring contrast to the wheels in particular. It made the rim darker and the hubs and spokes lighter.


These are window doors on an old barn. Not much else to say. It was converted to grayscale from its original soft red color.



Here's a closeup of the brackets attached to the barn window doors. I used a bleaching effect to add more texture and contrast on the wood.


This was a tough one in color because of the stark white sky. I just hate that sky color! Yuck! By converting to grayscale it helped me forget that sky.



The two planks of wood are a contrast to one another. Again, a grayscale conversion helps eliminates problems like this in color. I added an "old" effect to make it look "antiquity".

Copyright 2007 James D. Fisher
All Rights Reserved.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your Blog about East Cleveland "then" I was in the class of 1966 Shaw High School
I want to talk to you about East Cleveland "now"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home